If you follow this blog regularly, you’ve probably read a very popular post on how to end a conversation. Here comes another one – how to start a conversation!
The best way to learn a language is to use it as much as possible. When in an English speaking country, the phrases for starting a conversation will surely come in handy:
- Can you believe this weather ?
- Are you going all the way to the …?
- Excuse me, is anyone sitting here ?
- Have you got the time ?
I also found quite a lot of good conversation openers on these sites:
- Start a conversation when you have nothing to talk about :))))
- List of questions divided into topics – About.com
- A bunch of great phrases on doing it for me site
- An insightful article about conversation starters – TowerOfPower