Have you ever been in an awkqward situation because you didn’t know what to say to a business partner or a colleague from abroad, just because you were afraid to speak in English ? Maybe nobody taught any “small talk” phrases ? Well, it’s time for you to see how simple they are:
Let me list the commonly used small talk phrases according to the “safe” topics:
- The journey: Did you have a good journey ? / How was your flight ? / How did you get here ?
- The weather: What was the weather like when you left ?
- The accommodation: Where are you staying ? Do you like it?
- First impressions: Have you ever been to our city ? Is this your first visit to London?
- Work: Where do you work? What are you currently working on ?