If you are never sure which phrases to use when you are checking into a hotel, here comes an excellent video by LinguaTV Youtube channel:
These are the phrases which are often used when checking in. Which ones have you heard while watching the video ?
- My name is… I have a reservation for a single / double room for three nights.
- How did you book your room ?
- I booked the room through your site / a travel agent / booking.com.
- I have a reservation number / Here’s my online reservation (and you hand a piece of paper)
- Can I have your passport / ID please ?
- Here’s your room key / card. Your room is on the third floor.
- How does wireless work ? What’s your wireless password ?
- There’s your access code and instructions how to use it.
- If you have any problems, feel free to call the front desk.
- Could you fill out the registration form please ?
- Enjoy your stay ! If there’s anything you need, please dial the front desk.
A few listed sentences are slightly different from the ones in the video. How so ? Which ones would you use ? Which sentences are used by a hotel guest (HG) and which ones by a receptionist (R)